“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: the old has gone, the new is here!” 2 Corinthians 5:17
As the New Year approaches, we hope that it finds you safe and healthy! 2019 is going to be an amazing year for Nacogdoches. Please get involved and be a part of serving your community. Consider volunteering and/or supporting Love In the Name of Christ as a way to get involved. First, mark your calendar for the Love INC Annual Meeting January 29, 2019. The mission of Love INC is to mobilize churches to transform lives and communities In the Name of Christ. Love INC is not a parachurch organization, we are a ministry created by churches to support churches. Love INC Nacogdoches is one of 130+ affiliates across this great nation. A local group of ministers and community leaders chose this model nearly 20 years ago to serve the Nacogdoches community. Each Love INC is governed by its own Board of Directors. Our annual meeting is specifically for our supporting churches. Pastors, church staff, and church leadership, per the request of the Pastor, are invited to attend. This meeting is to report to our partner churches the business of Love INC for the prior year as well as the goals for the upcoming year. This is also the meeting to elect the upcoming Board of Directors. Currently the following churches are represented on the Board of Love In the Name of Christ. Assembly of God, Christ Episcopal, First Baptist, First Christian, First United Methodist, Harvest Point, Holly Springs, Little Zion Baptist, Mosaic Church, North Street Church of Christ, Sacred Heart Catholic, Strickland Crossing, and Westminster Presbyterian Church. We are looking for more churches to join us and have representation on the Board
Next, mark your calendar for February 8, 2019. The Annual Fundraiser event CHAIRished Blessings will be held at the Expo and Civic Center. You are invited to attend this fourth annual fund-raising extraordinary event. The entire event is a Silent Auction with a very different twist. The trend of re-purposing, re-decorating, and uniqueness will intrigue you. There will be wonderful items to bid on from trips, new furniture, antiques to jewelry. You will not want to miss this event!! Tickets are sold at our office and online at www.loveincnac.org. Please check our web site or our Facebook page for more details! If you cannot attend, you can still donate to the fundraiser.
Love INC serves a variety of populations, however, the population that surfaces most are the working poor. Much of the poverty in Nacogdoches County is unseen. While we do not have the homeless population many urban areas have, we have wide spread poverty that is hidden due to the inability to actually see it! God has given us so much to do in His name right here in Nacogdoches. There are loving, Christian people who live in Nacogdoches and are willing to help those less fortunate. I believe a lot of folks do not know how to access the best way to help others. Love INC is a program that makes it their mission help transform from the Inside Out!
We invite you to become a supporter of Love In the Name of Christ in 2019! Please pass along the word to attend our annual meeting. Call the office for more information. 936-569-8555.
Notes to remember:
• Annual Meeting January 29, 2019 – all churches invited
• February 8, 2019 CHAIRished Blessings Fundraising event. Tickets are available for purchase now online at www.loveincnac.org.
• We will be CLOSED for Christmas from December 20th to January 6, 2019.
• Kingdom Gifts Store will reopen after January 6th. If you have an item to donate that you want to designate for the repurposing store, please bring to the Love INC office during regular business hours. All items will go through the regular inventory selection process. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation
• Love INC has an on-line weekly Links to Love INC, a Facebook page, a monthly published newsletter sent in the mail, and this weekly article to keep you informed. If you or your church have something that you would like for us to include, please email details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Single female needs assistance with rent. The client recently moved due to domestic violence and needs assistance with stabilizing housing. The client is employed full time and will be able to pay in the future. At this time the client needs help in the amount of $600. If you can help with this request, please write SOS Rent in the memo of your check.
Patti Goodrum is executive director of Love INC.